Pumpkin Seed Cranberry “Cheese” Log with Thyme
- 2 cups cashews, soaked at least 6 hours
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 probiotic capsules (use the probiotic powder, discard the capsules)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- couple grinds cracked pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1. Combine soaked cashews, water, lemon juice and probiotic capsules in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth
2. Line a strainer with cheese cloth, spoon cashew mixture into the cheesecloth, cover and let sit out overnight.
3. Put cashew mixture into bowl. Stir in yeast, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper, 1/2 cup of the dried cranberries and 1/2 of the pumpkin seeds.
4. Cover and place in refrigerator for one day to set up.
5. Chop remaining 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup dried cranberries and pecans. Mix together.
6. Shape “cheese” into a log and roll in pecan mixture.
You can refrigerate this for a few days in advance or freeze it for up to a month.