How to Prepare for Your Colonic
Keeping your colon clean is one of the best things you can do for your body. The health of your gut is a huge part of keeping a healthy lifestyle. Doctors and therapists endorse colon therapy as both an effective and convenient way to prepare for a colonoscopy. Colon therapy can help to flush waste and pathogens out of the intestines before the procedure and get you ready for your treatment. Colon therapy will help you to support your body’s hydration, digestion, and detoxification.
Colon therapy is beneficial for a wide variety of afflictions and health issues. If you are trying to lose weight and start a lifestyle of wellness, this is a great place to start. Colon therapy can be an excellent method for jumpstarting your journey to health. This process will enhance the natural cleansing process that takes place as part of a healthy diet.
During your colon therapy appointment, our trained colon therapists will use warm water to gently fill up and flush out your colon. This might feel a bit uncomfortable, but it will thoroughly clean out your colon and enhance your overall colon health.
Follow these 12 steps for an easy and successful colon hydrotherapy preparation:
- Stop eating and drinking all dairy products including milk, yogurt, cheese, ice cream, etc. Substitute almond, hazelnut, or hemp milk products instead.
- Stop drinking anything cold, including soft drinks, iced teas, and water. This shocks the digestive system and makes it work harder.
- Drink filtered or spring water. A good guideline is to drink half of your body weight in ounces between meals. So, if you weigh 120 pounds, you need a minimum of 60 ounces of water per day.
- Substances like alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine are all neurotoxins. This means they damage the nervous system and organs. It’s best to stop these during a cleanse. Try herbal teas.
- Try to eliminate all processed foods including
breads, pastas, and packaged cereals.
- Try making whole grains for breakfast like millet, quinoa, buckwheat, and basmati brown rice.
- Increase your consumption of leafy green vegetables. Try to incorporate spinach, kale, and swiss chard. They are full of magnesium and have a natural laxative effect on the bowel.
- Eat plenty of papaya and avocado which are both laxative foods.
- Eat mainly vegetables and fruits. Use lean meats sparingly.
- Eat good fats and oils, including coconut, palm, flax, pumpkin seed, sesame, and olive.
- Notice the foods that make you bloated and avoid them for at least 5 – 7 days. Then reintroduce and see if that is the offending food.
- Don’t eat or drink for 2 hours before your colon hydrotherapy session.
Remember, even small changes to your routine will make a big difference. It’s not only about what you do the day of a colonic that will help you have positive results during and after your treatment. Preparing for a colonic should begin at least two days before your appointment. If you have any questions about preparing for your colon hydrotherapy, reach out to us!