After a colonic procedure, it’s common for people to have varying experiences. Here’s an overview of what your day might look like following a colonic:
- Immediately after the procedure: You will be encouraged to spend time in the bathroom at the Wellness center to allow gravity to aid in releasing any additional waste that did not move while you were on the treatment table. You may feel lighter and experience relief from any discomfort or bloating you were experiencing before the colonic. Some individuals also report feeling relaxed or energized. While many people have an improved sense of wellbeing after their colonic appointment, some may experience common symptoms of detoxification (e.g. headache, nausea) and may want to rest after their appointment.
- Hydration: While the colonic procedure will hydrate your body, it’s important to continue to drink plenty of water after a colonic to maintain hydration.
- Rest and relaxation: Some people find it valuable to rest and relax after a colonic procedure, while some are energized and ready to tackle a workout. Results and outcomes are different for each individual.
- Light meals: Stick to light, easily digestible meals for the remainder of the day. This can include foods like soups, broths, steamed vegetables, fresh fruits, and lean proteins. Avoid heavy, greasy, or difficult-to-digest foods that may put stress on your digestive system.
- Gentle activity: Engage in gentle physical activities if you feel up to it. Light stretching, yoga, or a leisurely walk can help promote circulation and support digestion.
- Monitoring your body’s response: Pay attention to any changes or reactions your body may have after the colonic procedure. While colon hydrotherapy is generally safe and it’s common to feel lighter and relieved, it’s essential to be aware of any prolonged discomfort or unusual symptoms. If you have any concerns, contact your colon hydrotherapist and/or healthcare provider.
- Follow-up care: Depending on the specific instructions provided by your colon hydrotherapist, you may have additional post-procedure care requirements. This could include dietary recommendations, taking probiotics, or scheduling any follow-up appointments. Follow these instructions diligently to support your recovery.
Remember, individual experiences may vary, and it’s important to listen to your body’s needs. If you have any specific concerns or questions about your post-colonic care, reach out to your colon hydrotherapist and/or healthcare provider for guidance.