Snow shoveling can lead to body aches and pains. Here are some tips to help alleviate some of these issues.
1. Try warming up your muscles a bit before going out to shovel.
2. Stretch before and after.
3. Lift heavy snow using your knees… not your shoulders and back.
4. Take breaks if there’s a lot of shoveling to be done… this will help to avoid strain.
5. Take a hot shower or bath or apply moist heat to those sore areas.
And, if this doesn’t alleviate your soreness and/or pain, consult a certified massage therapist at Living Arts Wellness